- told Neville to stand up to people
- confronted a full-sized mountain troll to save a girl he couldn’t stand
- said it didn’t matter whether someone was a pureblood, half-blood, or Muggle-born
- gave Dobby his sweater
- faced a bunch of giant spiders in the hopes of saving the school and clearing Hagrid’s name
- told Luna he loved her Quidditch commentary, and very sincerely tried to convince her he wasn’t teasing her
- stood up on a broken leg, trying to protect Harry
- gave up his grudge against Hermione the moment he learned how much she, Hagrid, and Buckbeak needed him
- realized he was wrong about Harry putting his name in the Goblet of Fire, and promptly went to apologize
- jumped into a freezing pond to save Harry and retrieve the Sword of Gryffindor
- confronted his best friend to prevent his sister’s heart being broken any further than it already was
- begged Bellatrix to torture him in place of Hermione
- couldn’t break up with a girl who drove him nuts because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings
- remembered the Hogwarts House Elves when no one else did, and wanted to make them evacuate, rather than order them to fight
- tried to go back to Harry and Hermione as soon as he left them
- didn’t make excuses for leaving, he came right out and admitted he had been wrong
- didn’t get angry at Hermione for taking a long time to forgive him
- saved Tonks’s life (while impersonating Harry to lower Harry’s chances of being killed, at the same time increasing his own)
- told Hermione not to curse Draco, even though he hates him
In conclusion, Ron is awesome. The end.
and he put his shoes and socks on dobby to be buried in because he knew how much dobby loved clothes. disliking ron weasley’s character makes 0 sense.
reblogging for the 100th time because ronald.
THIS MAKES ME HAPPY TO KNOW PEOPLE LOVE HIM LIKE I DO.
we’re here to fuck shit up.
ron looks like he is ready to kill someone but very confused why
I feel like the above statement is a very good summary of ronald weasley
Um, not it’s not a good summary and it really annoys me that anyone would say it is.
Not having Hermione’s ostentatious intelligence, Ron is often overlooked and singled out as the stupid one of the trio but I don’t see any evidence of this. People think it’s stupid because they compare him to Hermione rather than hold him to his own standard. Ron’s intelligence is about equal to many people’s, dare I say most of you even.
Ron was not confused. I’d like to see a concrete example of a time when Ron didn’t really know what was going on, or a time when he was the only one who didn’t know, because whenever Ron was a little behind in something Harry tended to be too. Ron could handle himself. He could fight. Harry trusted him to be capable. When they had to go to the department of mysteries Harry expressed reluctance to bring Ginny, Neville and Luna along, not Ron. I’m sick of all of this Ron-baiting. He wasn’t thick! He was of average intelligence. This means his intelligence was equal to MOST PEOPLE.
Ron was loyal, solid and dependable. He was a decent person. He was brave and trustworthy and entirely upfront about his thoughts and feelings. He wasn’t sly. These are all fantastic qualities in a person and they are so often overlooked because they’re not ‘showy’.
And also in the above picture, it could also be interpreted as Ron scanning the area and being MORE aware of his surroundings than Hermione who is often thinking strategically or Harry whose gaze is focused on one thing. Ron is more aware of what people who grew up in wizarding society is like. He offers an insight to them from his own experiences. Harry often needs this insight. Hermione is book-knowledgeable about the wizarding world, but as evidenced by her outrage at Hogwarts, A History and it’s failure to inform her of Hogwarts’ use of house elves that can be problematic. Their different perspectives are ALL needed and if we had lost any one of them events might’ve turned out very differently.
For the first time in his eleven years, Harry James Potter got to open proper presents at Christmas, all because Ron Weasley wrote home and told his own parents that Harry wasn’t expecting anything.
What the Weasleys lacked in galleons, they more than made up for in heart.
just noticed how ron is rubbing harry’s hair here while his brother rubs his as well and now i’m having head canon’s that ron did it because that’s how his brothers show affection and he thought of harry as a brother and help i am having hp feels
will always reblog this story
I have been blessed.
‘Harry was reminded irresistibly of Mrs. Weasley appealing to her husband’ I CAN’T. ROMIONE FOREVER.
"Gringotts had seemed a place of wonder that day, the enchanted repository of a trove of gold he had never known he possessed, and never for an instant could he have dreamed that he would return to steal… . But within seconds, they were standing in the vast marble hall of the bank.”
Deahtly Hallows Chapter 26 - Gringotts
‘The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death’