The thing is … time travel is like visiting Paris. You can’t just read the guidebook, you’ve got to throw yourself in! Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers! Or is that just me?
5x04 || 7x02 || 7x13
Day of the Moon // The Name Of The Doctor
Let me tell you about Rory.
- The most important thing in the universe is Amy, because he said so.
- Once, he punched the Doctor in the face. It was awesome.
- Breathe for a moment and take in #2 properly. The Doctor, a man with seemingly infinite power, a man with the ability to start revolutions and topple bad gods, a man with alien strength and ability, a man who is, in the perspective of things, so much greater than Rory as a mere human could ever hope to be. Rory punches him. In the face. Without hesitation.
- If anything, he is blatantly unimpressed by the Doctor, not scared or awed at all.
- He will stand and fight for what he loves. For 2000 years.
- He will never choose between his wife and another, alternate version of his wife if he doesn’t have to. Rory loves her in all forms.
- Rory is one of the few companions who walked into the TARDIS and wasn’t fazed by the fact that it was bigger on the inside.
- In fact, he had even read up on enough Sci-Fi to know that it was in another dimension, and said as much to the Doctor.
- The Last Centurion.
- All he needs to be happy is to have Amy happy. And maybe a sweet car.
- Rory takes little things like finding out he’s married to Amy and River is their daughter while he’s in a universe that has given him amnesia regarding those events generally in stride.
- His sense of humour is bitter, sarcastic, and often takes the form of one-liners and cute little quips. Also, it’s fantastic.
- He fights a fish-vampire off with a broom.
- Never once has he insulted bowties and said they are not cool.
- He has enough swag that his stripper at his stag do was the Doctor.
- “Trust the plastic.”
- He never misses an opportunity to thoroughly kiss his wife.
- Rory understands that “stupidface” is an epithet of love.
- He stands up to the Doctor if the Doctor is at all at fault for Amy being in trouble.
- “Where. Is. My. Wife.”
- Cool guys never look at explosions.
- He forgot to take Hitler out of the closet.
- Time tried to erase Rory, but it completely failed and just managed to make him Roman instead.
- There is a page on Facebook called “Rory Williams is the New Chuck Norris.” I need say no more.
- Like Donna, arguably the second-most badass companion of all time, he is perplexed and annoyed about the fact that apparently the Sonic doesn’t do wood.
- Despite all attempts of the universe to prevent it, he does in fact exist.
- He’s died almost as many times as the Doctor has, still lives to make dark jokes about it, and can’t even regenerate.
- Rory is the pretty one.
- He might be able to stand up and argue with the Doctor when he needs to, but that doesn’t keep him from being one of the Doctor’s best friends. Actually, it probably makes him one of the best best friends the Doctor has ever had.
- Rory understands the fashion faux-pas that is a poncho, and wears it when he’s freezing to death anyway.
- He dressed up as the Doctor as a child. Because Amy said so.
- Rory was wearing the eyepatch when it had already activated, and still he fought, stood his ground, and barely even showed any pain.
- He’s hot.
- He’s also hot in horrible hipster glasses. If not more so.
- His wife is Amy Pond and his daughter is River Song.
- Rory sees the coma patients around town. Instead of wondering if he’s going insane or acting in another irrational manner, he takes pictures for photo evidence.
- Again, even in an altered timeline when he has never married Amy, he still protects her to the end, as Captain Williams.
- He role-plays with Amy as a Roman Centurion while they are on their honeymoon.
- He and Amy first kiss while dancing the Macarena. Yes. Really.
- Rory knows how to play the guitar.
- He is a nurse.
- And he is completely and utterly fantastic in essentially any other way you can possibly think of.
#do you guys ever wonder if the doctor told rory the story about him and rose #he told him that story because he didn’t want rory to be jealous of amy and himself #so one day while amy was out getting breakfast for them the doctor sat rory down in the control room #and took his jacket off and just looked up at the console room #and started off with ‘You know rory you haven’t any need to be worried about Amy and Me’ #and slowly he told rory the story of rose and himself #and how he’d never quite recover from that shop girl from london without her grade a’s #he tells rory of each time he had to leave her and how strongly his love grew each time she was back #and how each time he was certain that he would tell her that he loved her because he was sure he really would #but he didn’t #and said ‘thats why I am able to love amy so much and tell her because she’s the first face this face seen and she’s seared into my hearts… #but for me she isn’t rose #she’s the best friend and sister that i had never gotten to have after the rest left #she is your Rose #she isn’t mine rory you neednt worry about our friendship #I would never take someones Rose away from them’ and he would do whatever he could to keep the two from ever separating #which is why in the asylum he worked so hard to bring them together because even amy knew that he would try #And then rory remembered this story long before the asylum and how it went about #how he turned to the doctor and said #”This isnt fair. Youre turning me into you” #And thats all it took for the Doctor to realize that yes #he really was #and it wasnt fair in the slightest #I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS OKAY #RORY FEELINGS
“What have I to fear?”
Yes, YES, and YES
YES TO ALL