I was thinking today about how the Doctor’s companions are aliens when they travel with him, because they go to worlds where they don’t belong, but they always come back to Earth, their home planet - but the Doctor is truly an alien wherever he goes, because he can’t go back to his home planet
(Source: bellsofsaintjohn, via thedoctorscompanion11)
- The First Doctor is funny and intelligent, and has a lot of character development with some genuinely touching scenes. He’s arrogant in a charming sort of way. He has a sweet laugh. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Second Doctor is sweet and caring, with a passion for life and adventure. He is pretty touchy-feely with his companions, and has pretty eyes and a kind face. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Third Doctor is awesome, with lots of science and car chases and stuff blowing up. He was grounded on earth for a while, so he joins UNIT and helps them keep the world safe, which he does in the coolest possible way. He has a lisp and fluffy hair, so he’s pretty adorable. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Fourth Doctor is fun and bouncy and really alien. He wears too many clothes, including a really long awesome scarf, and has big pretty eyes. He also likes candy a lot and offers it to everyone he meets. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Fifth Doctor is the sweetest sweetheart ever. He looks confused a lot, wears celery, plays cricket, and runs around the universe being generally adorable. He’s really young and pretty and you always want to hug him. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Sixth Doctor is passionate and poetic. He has a lovely voice and loves to sing and put his vast vocabulary to use. He’s proud of his clothes. He’s actually very warm and compassionate when he needs to be. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Seventh Doctor is short and Scottish, and acts very fatherly and protective towards his companions. He plays the spoons and performs magic tricks. He can be dark, but is a genuinely kind soul who really does want the best for everyone. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- Eight is a happy, bouncy romantic with no sense of personal space. He’s hopelessly distracted, but that just makes him more lovable. He has a wide range of emotions, and story types, which makes him one of the easiest Doctors to get into. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- Nine is a leather-wearing veteran who seems intimidating at first, but is actually a big softy. He has beautiful eyes and a great wide smile, and packs a lot of characterization into his one and only season (But he still has books!). That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Tenth Doctor is an eccentric, emotional doctor. He has impossible hair and likes to lick things. He can bounce from completely serious to absolutely batty in one scene. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
- The Eleventh Doctor is a bit like a scatter-brain professor. He’s prone to proclaiming things “cool”, like his hats and bowties. He usually seems pretty young, but at times you can see how very old he is. That’s all you need to know, go watch him.
Best.Show.Ever. (except Angel)
(Source: leftmelikeabookonashelf, via doctorwho)